Role type: Full time; Continue
Department: Business services
Salary: UOM 9 – $129,154 – $134,374 pa plus 17% super (pro rata for part-time)
- Analyze, innovate and implement systems and processes to solve business problems and create opportunities
- Join a fun, collaborative team that values creative thinking
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s No. 1 university and is consistently ranked among the top universities in the world. We are proud of our staff, our commitment to excellence in research and teaching, and our global engagement.
About Business IT Services
Within Business Computing Services, the Research Area team strategically develops and manages the information technology needs of researchers and research support across the University by providing the delivery of projects, improvement, management and support of basic and enterprise research systems.
We design, develop and support a range of enterprise search applications and services.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced senior business analyst to provide engagement and analysis of discoveries, initiatives and programs that have a direct and visible impact on our world-class research community.
Working with key business and technology players, you will support a diverse range of products and projects with the goal of improving the user experience and efficiency of our research community. With a solution-focused approach, you will obtain, analyze and specify goals, scope and benefits and define business, functional and non-functional requirements to define future state processes.
You will additionally take on the role of Product Owner for one of our service areas, engaging with key stakeholders to help define the product vision, imagine and explore solutions to achieve that vision.
In a typical week at work, you can:
- Work with stakeholders to set and manage expectations around the delivery of features, functionality and ongoing initiatives
- Effectively communicate and present features to stakeholders, using feedback to continuously refine and improve deliverables
- Assume Product Owner responsibilities and define business cases, capture detailed requirements and translate them into user stories
- Support capacity building through active thought leadership contribution and embedding the adoption of “fit for purpose” business analytics engagement and delivery approaches
With strong problem-solving and analytical skills, you have an eye for process improvement opportunities and find creative solutions to gain efficiency. As a confident and engaging communicator, you navigate discussions, manage expectations and generate buy-in from a wide range of stakeholders. Putting user experience first, you will provide feedback to team members to ensure features and functionality have been developed to high standards that meet stakeholder needs.
Ideally, you will also have:
- A relevant post-graduate qualification with significant experience in business analysis or an equivalent combination of significant relevant experience and/or education and training
- Significant experience in senior business analysis roles in large complex organizations, undertaking the discovery and analysis and specification of business requirements with a proven ability to deliver complex user specifications and/or business requirements, functional and non-functional detailed in agile, hybrid and traditional delivery approaches
- Relevant experience in agile delivery and hybrid working methods (Essential)
- Demonstrated business analytics leadership experience, including a proven ability to support and develop team members in traditional, agile and hybrid analytics practices, approaches and techniques
- Product Owner experience (Desirable but not essential)
Benefits of working with us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and meet challenges, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our employees enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible work arrangements and generous personal, parental and cultural leaves
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary package and leave loading
- Free and subsidized health and wellness services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services, including Myki and Qantas Club cards
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
Learn more at https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
At UoM, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. Indigenous Australians, those who identify as LGBTQIA+, women, people of all ages, with disabilities or from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply for our roles. Our goal is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you think this role is right for you, please apply with your CV and a cover letter outlining your interests and experience. Please note that you are not required to provide answers against the selection criteria in the job description.
We are committed to ensuring barrier-free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]
Please note that applications will be assessed upon submission. Interviews may begin during the advertising period – APPLY NOW!
Job Description : Senior Business Analyst PD_2022.pdf
Closing of applications: SEP 11, 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time